GFL Environmental Services has been selected by West Bloomfield Township (not this HOA) as the only trash pickup company for West Bloomfield.
Trash will be picked up on Wednesdays except for following a holiday per below. You can also visit the GFL website for more information.
Note: if a holiday falls on or before your scheduled day, pick-up will be 1 day later than normal.
GFL’s observed holidays are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Note that WB ordinance requires that trash must be put out by 7:00 AM on pick up day, but no earlier than 6:00 PM on the day before. Receptacles must be removed by 8:00 PM on pick up day.
Our service day might be delayed one day (or two) if there is a very heavy snow. Check the GFL website at http://gflusa.com if in doubt.
The township requires that each house in WB sign up for this service. Please contact GFL at 844-464-3587 to sign up for trash pickup. GFL will bill you directly.
Frank’s Landscape & Lawn Care will be plowing the subdivision streets this winter. They are offering individual driveway plowing and sidewalk shoveling.
If you are interested in using Frank’s for your own driveway, contact Frank at Franks1landscaping@Yahoo.com.
Please note: the WB Woods HOA Board is only responsible for contracting snow removal in the common spaces and does not negotiate for driveway plowing. Each homeowner should feel free to choose another service or negotiate with the service used for the subdivision.
- No cars may be parked on the street during a snow storm.
- The subdivision snow plower and the Oakland County Road Commission plows will throw snow against the curbs. Please make sure you mailbox can withstand the force of thrown snow.
- If there is any problem with street plowing please notify the board at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- It is normal for the street plowers to leave snow along the curbs and driveways. While the plowers will attempt to minimize the effect of this, removing the snow at the foot of the driveway is your responsibility. If you are unable to do this yourself we suggest you hire a company to take care of your driveway.
- Make sure the street storm drains near your house are free of leaves, mud, snow, and debris. Standing water could turn to dangerous ice.
- Be wary of plowing offers attached to your mailbox. Many times in the past these companies take money then are never seen again or don’t come out in a timely manner after a snowfall. Check them out at the Better Business Bureau!